Before Intravenous Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office and drive the patient home after surgery.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Contact lenses and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Miyamoto prior to your surgical date for instructions.