Instructions to Patients Before Oral Surgery
INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOUR SURGERY
- If you are going to be awake during surgery, you should eat a good meal before your procedure.
- If you are going to be sedated during surgery, DO NOT eat or drink anything for six hours before surgery. This includes water, ice chips, coffee, sunflower seeds, mints, gum, etc.
- Your driver must be present in the office for the entire surgery.
- Take all of your medications as prescribed. DO NOT stop any of your medications unless your doctor instructs you.
- If you are due to take your medications and told not to eat or drink for six hours before surgery, take your medications with a small sip of water one hour prior.
- Wear short sleeve, loose fitting clothing.
- Wear closed toe shoes. DO NOT wear sandals or slippers.
- If you are going to be sedated during surgery, DO NOT wear lipstick or nail polish.
- If you get sick, as a cold, any congestion, or the flu, we must cancel your surgery at least until your symptoms are resolved.
- If an appointment is not kept or cancelled with at least 48 hours notice during our office hours, there will be a cancellation fee of $100.00.
- If anything changes with your medical history, please let our office know as soon as possible.